The Produce Associate is primarily responsible for customer service and stocking. The associate ensures products are fresh and attractive to customers. This position involves unloading trucks, restocking shelves, organizing items on shelves, removing expired products from displays, and assisting customers in their daily shopping needs. The Produce Associate is responsible for ensuring that the store is maintained in a clean, safe and appealing state to customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Replenishes stock and goods on display shelves. Displays merchandise in an attractive, appealing, neat and colorful manner.
- Rotates products and goods according to the company's instructions.
- Assists with the customer orders by retrieving items from the relevant sections
- Removes expired products from the display.
- Ensures shelves are clean and neat.
- Maintains department sanitation and quality standards, including sweeping mopping, removing cardboard and trash as needed, and being able to operate a baler.
- Adheres to all Department of Agriculture rules and regulations.
- Follows approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing and price marking, scaling, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Knowledgeable in produce and able to tell the difference between various types of produce and related products.
- Checks refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; reporting any failure immediately.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand and/or walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- The associate is frequently required to bend, twist, reach, push and pull.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- The associate must be able to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- This position requires an associate to be able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in safe food handling in a grocery store desired.
- Basic knowledge of produce and grocery items desired
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where they will be expected to switch tasks frequently to fulfill customer requests.
- A passion for serving people. Must be comfortable talking to people and working well with a team.
- Flexible to work day, evening, overnigh and weeked shifts as required.