The Grocery Associate is responsible for maintaining the grocery/dairy section of the store to ensure it runs efficiently. They demonstrate excellent commercial awareness, courtesy, and organizational skills. Duties include cleaning the store, restocking shelves. The Grocery Associate maintains a high level of customer service while pricing, stocking, and rotating merchandise in the grocery department. They must maintain a neat, clean, and visually appealing department.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains the grocery section of the store to ensure it runs efficiently (Dairy and Dry Area).
- Keeps shelves and displays fully stocked, neat, blocks, and faced at all times.
- Prices, stocks and rotates merchandise following safety procedures.
- Observes all safety regulations when operating equipment.
- Monitor’s grocery storage area for cleanliness, neatness, and preparing for the next shift.
- Handles damaged or return-to-stock products, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell-by date.
- Uses and keeps equipment in good working order.
- Maintains department sanitation and quality standards, including sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard, and being able to operate a compactor.
- Unloads and secures received product in appropriate storage areas using power or hand jack, carts, U-boats.
- Utilizes and maintains equipment as required by department; reports any equipment problems immediately.
- Adheres to all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to the grocery/dairy operation.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of grocery items desired.
- Must be comfortable talking to people.
- Able to work well with others as a team.
- Strong sense of hygiene and cleanliness
- Available to work nights and weekends.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Required to bend, twist, reach, push and pull.
- Able to lift and/or move objects up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in varying temperatures.
- Able to work with a wide variety of fresh products, without negative allergic consequences.
- Able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.'