Customer Service Deli Associate
Oakes Farms is currently seeking dynamics Deli Associates with a passion for customer service at the Deli Department. The Deli Associate's responsibility includes greeting and serving customers, taking orders, weighing, and portioning food items. The associate maintains a high level of customer service while assisting the
Assistant Deli Manager and Assistant Deli Manager in the daily operation of the Deli department; maintaining a neat, clean, and visually appealing department and performing other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within store standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides customers with premier service, taking orders, weighing, and portioning food items.
- Prepares, packages, and serves Deli products to customers for sale.
- Ability to operate the equipment as required by the department, (i.e., slicer, scale, can opener, wrapping machine, etc.).
- Follows approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy, and product rotation and protection.
- Handles damaged and spoiled products according to store policy and assists in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Monitor’s refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; reports any failure immediately.
- Utilizes and maintains equipment as required by department; reports any equipment problems immediately.
- Adheres to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Maintains department sanitation and quality standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils, and equipment. Keeps floor clear of debris and spills.
- Removes trash to designated area.
- Meets all work schedules and complies with all time and attendance policies.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 year of experience as a Deli Associate desired.
- Detailed oriented, attentive and precise, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable talking to people.
- Available to work nights and weekends.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Required to bend, twist, reach, push and pull.
- Able to lift and/or move objects up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in varying temperatures.
- Able to work with a wide variety of fresh products, without negative allergic consequences.
- Able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.