Customer Service Bakery
The Customer Service Bakery Associate role is to assist, greet, respond and attend to customer requests by providing a high level of customer service. The Customer Service Bakery Associate is responsible for various duties including preparing baked goods and other items for sale, arranging and wrapping bakery products, and placing bakery items in display cases.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greets and responds and attends to customer requests in the bakery department.
- Prepare baked goods and other items for sale, arrange, wrap bakery products, and placing bakery items in display cases and retail areas.
- Assists with pricing, stocking, and rotating merchandise in the department to ensure freshness.
- Ability to prepare trays to the company’s and customer’s satisfaction.
- Adheres to all Federal, State, and Local regulations as they pertain to the Bakery operation.
- Ability to maintain department sanitation and quality standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, cases, utensils, and equipment. Keeping the floor clear of debris and spills.
- Handles damaged and spoiled products according to store policy and assists in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Checks refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failures immediately.
- Complies with hand washing standards and use of disposable gloves when handling food.
- Meets all work schedules and complies with all time and attendance policies.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Service Bakery Associates need to be attentive and precise, able to work in a fast-paced environment where they will be expected to switch tasks frequently to fulfill customer requests.
- A passion for serving people.
- Must be comfortable talking to people.
- Able to work independently as well as with others as a team.
- Able to stand and/or walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Required to bend, twist, reach, push and pull.
- Able to work in varying temperatures.
- Able to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried, and/or processed products, spices, and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.